I thought that I would let you know about some of the hazards of using ‘raw’ affiliate links or ‘link shorteners’ in your product promotions.
If you are not hitting your product sales targets like the guy above and you aren’t making any money, or if you are just getting started in affiliate marketing, you will find this information critical to your business.
Here are the hazards:
- Sales could be directed to the product owner from people who remove the affiliate ID from your link.
- People generally don’t trust and buy from long affiliate-looking links like in the example above.
- You could lose out to your unscrupulous competition who could reverse engineer your traffic sources from your affiliate ID.
- Hackers could swap your affiliate ID for their own and swipe your sales.
- Many link shorteners are banned and emails containing them will not be delivered by servers to your list at all.
- Many social networks such as Facebook and Pinterest have also banned link shorteners, preventing your links and images from being posted and adversely affecting your promotional traffic.
- Using free link shorteners leaves you vulnerable to the longevity of the company. If it closes, your links are history and so is your traffic and income.
For all of these reasons, my friends Wilson Mattos and Jason Fladlien at Rapid Crush Inc. have built an incredible product called Easy Redirect Script (ERS) for safely and quickly redirecting all of your affiliate links.
Go to the site now and see all the cool features it can do… including “hot linking”, “promo redirects”, “click tracking”, “link-cloaking” (avoiding spam filters), “SEO-safe redirecting” (maintaining your ‘link juice’) and more…
Here is the link again: timsnetwork.com/easy-redirect
(see – I use this myself and have successfully for a few years – it’s great!)
Thanks for reading my latest tip. I hope that it helps you in your quest for success.
All the best,